View Single Post
Old
01-24-2012, 01:56 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
So Plekanec's 57 points last year are 1st line worthy? Come on man...you're kidding yourself if you think he's a #1 center.
alright, im tired of this giant fallacy that if you don't score 80 points you aren't a first line center.

i'll do the legwork for you
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ewName=summary

there. ahead of real first line centers like spezza, bergeron, lecavalier, stasny and two points shy of OMGSUPERSTAR datsyuk. and all of this on team infamous for being a place where offense goes to die - i'd list the examples, but i'd be here all week. and that's not considering the other fact that a lot of the teams with top point-getters have third line centers for those tough defensive assignments. maholtra, kelly, talbot, pahlsson and so on...

don't believe me? here i did more legwork for you
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...Name=timeOnIce

if you're too lazy to open that i'll sum it up: from 1 to 30 in shorthanded time on ice per game, that list has two centerman that are not of the first or second line variety. kesler and..... you guessed it, plekanec.

bottom line is the guy is literally holding our team together. he does e-ve-ry-thing on his team. not **** you like eller and dd more, these two, and dd get eaten alive by tougher opposition, plekanec is doing the hard work for them so that they don't have to.

it's not hyperbole to say that if you get rid of plekanec without getting a significant upgrade, were looking at the basement not only this year, but the next.

you want to trade him because he's not having a good year? on this team, who is? you don't trade your best forward and best centerman by a mile because of one 'bad' season. a season so bad, that he's on pace for the same total as last year

trade him for an upgrade? fine. but saying he's not a first line center is lying. plain and simple.