Old
01-03-2006, 08:01 AM
stanley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUS
Niedermeyer and Peca = over 10M
No.

If acquired at the deadline, with an estimated 25% of the season remaining, Scott Niedermayer will be owed $22M over the term of his contract. Mike Peca will be owed $1M. This accurately reflects the financial investment.

Quote:
As far as defense... if we get Pitkanen and Rico back and play Meyrs we will be just fine. Hatcher alone can log 30 minutes of ice time in playoffs. Rathje can play 25, so can Pitkanen. Johnsson and Rico can play 20. I really do not see the purpose of getting top 4 defensman now.
You may want to see a professional about that amnesia, or consider a biography of Bob Clarke. :-) He's not the kind of guy who likes to be either small or thin on the blueline.

I wish I shared your disregard for what happened to the defense in the 2003-04 playoffs.

Quote:
Like I said earlier we need to get second line scoring Tkachuk is the answer.
Well, since you wrote it in bold...

For financial reasons and based on team needs, I just don't share your zeal for Tkachuk. I think the Flyers have more than enough guys who can score goals. They lack, and really always have, creative players.

Quote:
Samsonov poor version of Tkachuk injury prone UFA next season.
Can't really say I've ever seen or thought I'd ever see Samsanov compared to Tkachuk, but I guess if you live long enough...

Quote:
I'd give the C to Hatcher.
We agree there.

Last edited by stanley: 01-03-2006 at 08:07 AM.