Thread: Salary Cap: James Neal's next contract
View Single Post
Old
01-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVP View Post
I don't remember much of that at all this year, honestly. Maybe you can post some videos as I'm sure all of his goals are online.

What we're seeing right now is a megastar and a really good goal scorer with a great shot developing serious chemistry.
I agree. Neal seems like the kind of player that could score with anyone. Yes, Malkin creates room with what he does, but from what I see of Neal he shoots from basically anywhere and everywhere. And a lot of those shots do not have anything close to a clear line to the goalie. they are hardly empty net tap ins. He reminds me of Ovechkin in some ways in that regard. And his shot is amazingly fast and fairly lethal. Do not get me wrong Malkin and Neal compliment each other perfectly. But Neal is hardly leaching off of Malkin, not with the way he plays.

As for the deal, I would love to tie up some UFA years. Six years for $33 million. That would take him to age 31 and buy up a few UFA years. As an added bonus it would make Malkin happy and you may save a little bit when his contract comes up for negotiation.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote