View Single Post
Old
01-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I doubt he'd share his plans specifically, but I think it's pretty likely he told Drew "I will tell you one thing, i'm not renting anymore players". It's not like Drew to make definitive statements like that on tv, attributed directly to his boss, who will likely see it.

He didn't say "I think Doug Wilson will avoid rentals" he said "Doug Wilson said he will not be renting a player" (paraphrased).

Even if Drew is full of **** (which I don't think is the case), I still wanted to see what a list of players would look like if he is in fact telling the truth. Determine availability all you like, I didn't want to start making judgements like that. Just put all the possibilities on a list. I think it's pretty safe to say anyone in the playoff hunt is not going to trade a top-6 guy, and guys with NTC's are not likely to be moved mid-season (I kept Ladd on there just cause I think if one is moved it might be him).
there is no way winnipeg trades ladd in a season, that they have a chance to make the playoffs for the 1st time in like 5 years. especially considering, in a canadian city the playoffs are a gold mine waiting to be found.