View Single Post
Old
01-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post
Injuries and his apparent lack of desire to play in Columbus.

We've seen it happen to many players in the past. They end up in a situation they aren't happy with and their morale goes down, vastly affecting their performance.

Usually where there is smoke, there is fire.

Carter was a bit of an enigma in Philadelphia. I can't see his attitude improving after the extension and immediate trade to the Blue Jackets. Though Ohio is a nice state and there must be a reason why Rick Nash likes it there but Carter is a different breed.

I think given his contract length, you're going to have a tough time improving his stock without drastically improving the team around him. If the GM wants to take that opportunity, he runs the risk of it not working out and it blowing up in their faces.

It could ultimately result in Columbus giving up a decent asset along with Carter just to get him off the books.
I'm not a huge Carter fan(I find him moody and one dimensional) but at 5 mil cap hit I'm sure there would be a long line of suitors willing to give up assets to get him let alone CBJ having to add something to dump the contract.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote