Offseason? You want to talk about the offseason?
View Single Post
01-24-2012, 12:27 PM
dun worry he's cool
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Originally Posted by
Wild have three options with Lats:
1. Give him qualifying offer ($2.5m)
- Lats can accept QO or decline it and try to negotiate a new deal
2. Take him to arbitration (at least $2.125m)
- Could get awarded that amount on up
- Team could walk away from ruling
3. Walk away ($0)
I'm guessing they give him a qualifying offer and he accepts, and they either keep him or try to trade him.
4. Trade his RFA rights
If we can get sufficient return, trade the rights as he's an injury risk. If no one will offer "fair value" for his rights, keep him @ his QO.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by squidz*