View Single Post
Old
01-24-2012, 04:21 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
And could be construed from your post: Link but you're simply trying to say that "we would like to" rather than "we would need to."
Ah... I can see how that could be taken that way.

I am well aware of our cap situation and how much money we'd need to move to take on Carter's contract to set us up for next summer.

Realistically, I'd like to see Fletcher maintain about 6 million in cap space if we are really going to make a push next season.

Again, I don't think we'd go after Parise if we landed Carter somehow as there would no longer be a "need" for Parise. I would much rather have a scoring center to compliment Bouchard/Granlund rather than sticking them with Koivu.

It's all about the balancing of lines, in my head. Yeo was really good at this at the start of the season, but as soon as we started losing forwards to injury, it seems as if he forgot (or couldn't) balance the lines.

Personally, I'd like to see a 1 for 1 swap of Zidlicky for Carter, but both teams would have to "even up" with the understanding that Columbus is the team that needs to drop salary while we can take salary.

So in essence, this hypothetical should read;
Zidlicky + Larsson = Carter (+1.6 million to Wild)

Throw Zanon/Brodziak in to "even it up" and keep #FireToddRichards' "Z-Fense" together. Columbus would add in Pahlsson to keep more going out than in...