View Single Post
Old
01-24-2012, 08:03 PM
mahonistan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Ranger fans are going to watch and go to either Citi or Yankee Stadium. Hockey fans are going to watch, by and large, whether it's at Citi or Yankee Stadium. I guess my question is this: How many casual fans are going to tune in just because it's held a Yankee Stadium? I may be wrong but I can't see that being a deciding factor.

You want a spectacle, Rangers-Canadiens in Central Park.
I'm one of those weird Yankee/Mets fans. Partially because my dad was a Mets fan as my grandmother liked the Dodgers and my grandfather liked the baseball Giants. My mom is a Yankees fan. We had the Saturday plan for the Yankees and the Sunday plan for the Mets growing up.

I don't see the difference where the game is played. A sheet of ice is a sheet of ice. It doesn't matter where the game is played as long as there are a lot of seats to watch it. If you would boycott the game because it's at Citi Field... then I wouldn't call you a Ranger fan.

AND I think it would be awesome to have a Devils/Rangers game at GIANTS stadium for the Winter Classic. But that's just me.

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote