View Single Post
Old
11-08-2003, 03:37 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
so you want the oilers to go out tommorow and trade in a load of great players and then challenge for the cup against teams that have depth like Colorado and Detroit? wtf are you smoking, look at it realistically and look at Ottawa they built through the draft to get where they are and thats what the Oilers are following it'll take time and the management HAS CHANGED recently this aint Slats show so any BS argument of "oh thats what they've been saying since 1992" won't work since the management is still relatively new.

Also in regards to the trades I think they have been posotive trades so far further to that we were talking about management which includes drafting which is what Lowe has spent a lot of his time doing.

Further to touch back to the original arguments RE:Comrie MC most likely didn't want to stay here for lets say MacT. Now as a GM what would be good management to side with MC or side with MacT bearing in mind that when MC/Winter had the chance they placed Lowe over the barrel.
We're obviously not going to reach common ground on the first issues, but I will comment on the 2nd.

You're going to side with whichever choice is best for your team, in other words, which commodity is easier to replace and which would have the more positive impact on your team's on-ice results. I don't think I have to tell you which commodity is worth more, the 1st/2nd line center, or the medium-level NHL coach.