View Single Post
Old
01-25-2012, 12:19 AM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Come on thats a bad comparison...
I remember that and that was one poster.
Chad Johnson has a string of like 2 good games.
Its very different having a backup play 2 games and look decent than have two very solid defenseman who have been hyped for quite sometime and have played solidly for an entire season for 25 mins a game...

Staal was absent for 1/2 the year and we're in first place. Not only that but on the Left Side where he will play, we have Del Zotto & McDonagh who are playing as well as Staal played for us in the past...and we have Erixon in the wings. Staal can absolutely be traded for an equivalent RHD considering our depth on that side is much weaker. Sauer doesn't have the upside that McD and MDZ have.

Hypothetically
Can you say that we're not a better team if we deal Anisimov & Staal and pick for Shea Weber.
It:
1. Allows us to play a solid top 4 for 5/6's of the game, rather than giving Stralman 25 minutes b/c he is the only other guy who can play the Right side...
2. Give us immediate help on the powerplay. Remember when Del Zotto had a point shot to use on the point? Kotalik. The PP was on fire.

There is nothing wrong with trading Staal in the right situation...
I agree with you wholeheartedly but I don't think Staal's value would be maximized right now because of the concussion he is coming off of.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote