View Single Post
Old
01-25-2012, 03:51 AM
misplacedsensfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Rule View Post
I think the Senators resign Winchester too. He is to useful, as has been shown by how poor the 4th line is without him.

Regin and Winchester resigned (If they appear healthy in June/July), Konopka let go as UFA. Alfredsson is having too much fun winning to quit. Kuba is resigned for 2 or 3 years because he is our second best defenceman all season.

So that makes the forwards next season:

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Condra-Turris-Alfredsson
Foligno-Smith-Regin
Silvfenberg-Winchester-Neil
Butler
Zibanejad
Daugavins

Yeah we have 15 forwards... we also had 15 this year and now Regin and Winchester are injured long term. Depth is good and you can send the rookies to Bingo for awhile... or if they play great then Condra or Greening move down.

Just my opinion. Winchester is useful... very effective PKer and 4th line centre. Regin is excellent defensively and offensively and can play any forward position on any line if he needs to.
I agree with this, even with Regin having season ending surgery, he will be cheap to sign on a 1 year deal and if it doesn't work we can try to trade him or put him on waivers. I think it would be worth the gamble, we aren't giving anything up for him other than a roster spot if he is healthy.

I also like the forward group you put together. Mine would be:

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfie
Foligno-Zibby-Regin
Condra-Smith-Neil
Winchester
Daugavins

I think that is 4 lines that contribute and puts both rookies in positions where they can succeed.

I agree winchester is too useful to let walk, I just hope he can come back from this concussion. I also think Daugavins can be useful, he brings energy and plays hard every shift and is good on the PK.

I like butler and have been impressed in a handful of games, but I think we have better players in the pipeline.

misplacedsensfan is offline   Reply With Quote