View Single Post
Old
01-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Solus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Why not?

Now I know that this will be chalked up as part of the foofara that's going around the interwebs at the moment because of Thomas-gate, but even without the controversy, I think it makes sense. Here's why:

Thomas's NMC expires on July 1, and though the remaining year of his deal carries a caphit of 5 million, the actual dollars come out to about 2. Boston, chronically right against the cap, would be happy to have that 5 million off the books, and with Rask showing that he is ready to be the full-time starter, it's a move that makes sense for Boston.

For Columbus, their goaltending woes are obvious, and while Thomas isn't a long-term solution, he could be someone that could at least give them a competitive year, maybe get them into the playoffs, and restore a little bit of faith in the fanbase while they figure out a more long-term plan.

Now, obviously I'm not a fan of either team, but what do the two fanbases think of this? What could\should\would the Jackets offer?
What? Boston has 2.9 mil in cap space right now and another 4 mil available if/when they put Savard on LTIR

Solus is offline   Reply With Quote