View Single Post
Old
11-08-2003, 05:57 PM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Not sure if I understand you. You state that Comrie leaving Edmonton is a problem that could be fixed when we don't know. It could easily have been Comrie's intentiion to be out of Edmonton after last season's criticisms without any prior discussion with Lowe. Honestly, how would we know.

Fact of the matter is that Comrie is gone. He has made it clear he doesn't see a future here regardless of whether Kevin Lowe wants him back. Let's move on. There's really nothing that can be done to get Comrie playing in Edmonton silks so let's just focus on the future.
The answer to how would we know is very simple. If the reporter had any guts he would have said "Mike, yes or no, would you play for the Edmonton Oilers".

Kevin Lowe should have been asked "You have said that you will do what is best for the team. What is best for the team?"

I am sure that the answers would have been non-answers.

You say "Fact of the matter is that Comrie is gone." Last I looked Comrie hasn't gone anywhere. As Yogi says "it ain't over till it's over".

IMO this is about money. It's amazing what money does when people feel they have been libeled, insulted or otherwise disrespected. There is a number that ensures that MC stays with the Oilers. The only question is is it too much for the club to swallow.