Thread: Larry Brooks: Sather keeps Avery in limbo
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2012, 11:15 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
Our five worst players have been replaced with either better talent (Richards) or harder workers (Rupp, Mitchell) or players with a a combination of both (Hagelin).
Not to get me wrong. I like Sean and hope he catches on with some other team if that's what he decides to do--and then hope he wouldn't come back and haunt us. I think he is still a legit NHL player. He just doesn't add enough to be one of our top 12 forwards and his contract is too high for his value--which is one of the major reasons other teams might be staying away.

Life goes on. He's more or less outlived his usefulness here--keeping in mind the Rangers are at least at this point in time one of the top teams in the league and it ain't easy keeping a spot on the team especially with such a demanding coach.

He did bring some pizzazz to the team--and at least pre-Tortorella era the Rangers needed that. His personality on and off the ice is apparently not for everyone but I think for the most part he was more than loyal enough to his teammates (witness his fight with Carcillo after the Gaborik hit) and he loves the city as well.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote