View Single Post
Old
01-25-2012, 11:37 AM
NYRangers09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
I play at City Ice Pavilion in Long Island City, Queens. They have plenty of Open Hockey and Stick/Puck times. Nobody is going to hassle you at these if you're trying to get better. Most of the time people just practice skills, then maybe get a pickup game together if there's enough people. They also have leagues and learn-to-play programs for people of different skill levels. It's in Long Island City, so the transportation is pretty easy from Manhattan. Alot of the people on my team come from Manhattan. It's also cheaper than Chelsea Piers. I like it alot.

There's also World Ice Arena in Corona, which is in Central Queens. I've played there once or twice. Aviator is Brooklyn, but hard to get to if you don't have a car, and many of the players are Russian dudes who only pass to each other, in my experience. I think Long Beach also has a rink, but I've never been to it.
The City Ice Pavilion seems like an awesome place with a lot of different skating options so I'm gonna go give that one a try. Thanks alot

NYRangers09 is offline   Reply With Quote