View Single Post
Old
01-25-2012, 11:45 AM
BluesRiver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Stamkos View Post
Assuming we still have Mathieu Garon as our backup next season. Who do you want as our starter and who do you think Yzerman will go after. Here's my list of everyone who it could possibly be..

Bernier
Schneider
Harding
Bishop
Montoya
Vokoun
Nabokov
Lindback
Desjardins
Rask (Probably most doubtful)
Enroth
Helenius (Don't think he can be a starter but id be interested in seeing what he can do)

Im sure there's others.. What do you think?

I wouldnt mind trading Garon (if we can) and running two younger guys like Harding and Bishop who will both be UFAs so we wouldnt be giving up anything.
Blues fan here in peace! Not really a Lightning fan, but kind of ambivalent anyway. Love Stamkos!

I think those top goalies in your list are spot on.

A goalie tandem of Schneider and Bishop would be pretty darned good. Harding and Bishop. Bernier and Montoya. Harding and Montoya. All of these are very good combos. The Lightning need a complete overhaul in goal and need to solidify that position ASAP in order to build from that position outward.

Montoya is solid. Bishop is from St. Louis and has an excellent ice hockey pedigree. Not only is he big, but he battled back from a mediocre 2010-2011 season. The Blues have another goalie prospect in Jake Allen, but are fairly set for the next couple seasons with Halak and Elliott.

That makes Ben Bishop expendable and a great fit for Tampa Bay.

Check out our grumblings about a possible Bishop to Tampa Bay trade.

Good luck rebuilding what was once a fierce team! Cheers!