View Single Post
Old
01-25-2012, 02:35 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
I'm actually AFRAID of all of this winning... Why?

Because now everyone on these boards (and most of the fan-base) thinks we should win 18 out of every 23 games (even though it occurred through the easiest part of our schedule). Everyone seems to be confident of this team, even though they are playing a little above their heads right now. When we go through the toughest part of our schedule (the ENTIRE month of February) and end up 5-6-2 on the other side (which I would be happy with, btw); everyone will start freaking out saying we should have made a trade a month ago, that we knew we needed scoring, that there is no way Weber and Suter sign here, and that Trotz should be fired.

Just wait...
I'm not afraid of the rate we're winning, but, I am expecting the same backlash around here that you are once the team returns to a more reasonable winning percentage. December's scoring is much more realistically sustainable than the over three goals per game we've seen for January.

The team is doing exactly what it needs to do ... beat the lesser teams, put itself in position to win the games of comparable teams, and competing hard with the "better" teams.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote