Old
01-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
You're underestimating coaching.

Just look at them on the PP. They can't even get setup most of the time. It looks like they don't even know what to do. We are 25th in PP%. Look at some of the teams above us, even in the top 10. We have enough talent to be at least top 15.
If anything, you're simultaneously overestimating the effect of coaching and underestimating the abilities of our coaching staff. Once again, does anyone really think their remedies are anything that the coaching staff isn't already preaching? Movement? Shots? Decisiveness? You guys floor me with your sharp analysis! If you really think Tortorella doesn't see those issues, you vastly underestimate him as a coach. Conversely, I'm the first one to mention the profound effect a good coach can have on a team, but it only goes so far. The players still have to execute on the ice. The whole thing is psychological and any work Tortorella has been doing ends as soon as each player steps out on the ice with the man-advantage.

During the game, it's the coach's responsibility to have given the players the system they need to succeed. It's the player's collective responsibility to execute that system. Given their ability to execute Tortorella's game plan in every other situation, I would say that the coaching is not the issue here. There's just no way Tortorella hasn't given them a game plan to execute on the ice. If you think that's the case, you really don't understand our coach at all.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote