View Single Post
Old
01-25-2012, 03:55 PM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Hagelin plays hard and is strong on the puck, right now the larger defensemen are just using their size to crunch him along the boards and usually take him down to the ice... I think after working out with the Rangers and their training staff moving forward, he will get stronger and adapt a bit to make him a more effective player....

JT Miller is another prospect in the pipeline who is really strong along the boards.... Kreider too.... Both of those guys are larger than Hagelin so I don't expect their size to be as much of an issue.... But I anticipate the Rangers are going to be making life very difficult for opposing teams in the coming years, with the way they plan in the offensive zone... We are already giving teams problems and we've got guys coming along who will continue to add to that element of the game...
I like to hear guys with good boards play because playing in the MSG that is how the game has to be one, with the not so great ice playing in the corners and using body work to create chances is much better than trying to play any different way. Its nice to see that the current team is starting to do it more lately with guys like Hagy and Mitchel who are able to control the puck so well in those tight areas.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote