View Single Post
Old
01-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Trojan35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Not contesting the C&B article, I meant the message as JT perceived it. IMO, JT should have received the message on the Anaheim series of a year earlier. That minus number would still be tops even if the Chicago series was entirely removed.
Yes, if Thornton wants to even be an All-Star he needs to stop getting stomped by every other center in the NHL come playoffs.

Back to the thread:

No major changes if I was GM. Would really like a couple 3rd line rentals and a home for Nitty, but wouldn't be willing to give up any assets for either. Areas I would focus on addressing:
  • Wing development. Having a million centers playing Wing is hurting the Sharks.
  • Goalie development. We have highly rated prospects, but fail to get them any NHL-level ice time. This is on me the GM.
  • Coaching. The special teams play is still abysmal although it has improved since the "reset". Finding an assistant coach who can help with this would be one of my top priorities. The Sharks need the Mitchell/Grier magic back.
  • Prospects. Given away too many prospects and picks lately, I would stop worrying about improving this year and focus a little more on future years. I would be very mindful of just throwing away 2nd round picks any time I wanted a 7th d-man or 4th line grinder for the playoffs.

Trojan35 is offline   Reply With Quote