Thread: Larry Brooks: Sather keeps Avery in limbo
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
So basically, if Sean's still in the AHL past 2/27 then we can assume he's just going to be sent home, no team will take him on if they can't use him for the playoffs considering he's an UFA at the end of this season.

So if Sather wants to put Avery on re-entry, and is worried about the potential dead space if he gets picked up (which I am now assuming won't happen until after the deadline), he'll have to put Sean on re-entry after he's done making moves, and before the deadline. Which in turn means that Sather may try and get some deals done earlier than we have expected.

OR

Sather ignores Avery and focuses on the Rangers at hand, making his decisions not based on when is the best time to deal with the Avery situation but on what's most important for the team.

I believe Sather will focus more on this option, and we'll see Avery sent home after the deadline when it is clear that no other NHL team wants to take a shot at him.
I, for one, would be really really pissed if Sather is spending his time worrying about how to take care of a brat like Avery.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote