View Single Post
Old
01-04-2006, 11:09 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
Hey folks, I was reading a New York-based website (I believe it was the post, I'll go hunt the article and paste a link on here when I find it) and it was talking about the mess with the New York Islanders. Mad Mike is considering purging payroll again to go free agent trolling in the offseason. One of the names that Mike has been throwing out to see if there's any interest has been Miro Satan.

I know at one time, there was a real interest on the Flyers part to acquire Miro when he was with the Sabres. I know he hasn't played well this year, but if we put him on a line with Peter and Simon, that could be amazing. I suspect with our plethora of draft picks, we should be able to give up a 2nd and a 3rd for him and he would fit right in to our salary scale once the cap goes up. It also balances out the lines as we could move Knuble to 2nd line with Richards and Kapanen and the third line remains in tact with Carter/Eager/Umberger and our fourth line now becomes Handzus/Radivojevic/Stevenson or anyone else that they can put there.

I think it might be of interest for the Flyers to see about acquiring Satan. Like I said previously though, I'll go looking for that article again and post a link to it on here.
Nah. He's nmot the type of player we need. In 38 games he has 28 points. Not something you enjoy if you want a good calibur player. He's been slumping the past two seasons. In 2003-04, he had 57 points in 82 games. Not a great statistic. 29G and 28A, decent but not something we need.