View Single Post
Old
01-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Default101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
I am aware of the new rink. The only point I was trying to make concerned the guaranteed "profit" required. They seem to keep kicking that up every year. Somebody has to make good on that guarantee. Is the city going to cover that?
i believe that the last time they bid against London and whoever else was in that bidding they had found a way to put together enough money to securely hold the Memorial Cup here, the new arena in Guelph was designed by the same guy that designed the Sarnia Sports and Entertainment Center and from what i heard built it very similar in size style and capacity, i have yet to go to a Guelph home game so i can't back that up, but thats what i have heard, i'm not saying that Sarnia will get it, but alot does depend on Oshawa's new building, Kingston's potential new building, Sarnia's building is only about 6, 7 years old and it was build especially for CHL level hockey. Basiclaly i'm saying Sarnia is almost guarenteed to be announced one of the finalists for the Memorial Cup, they have a City, Organization, a Mayor and A GM/Coach all determined to bring the Cup to the city, last time Sarnia did not build a team to compete at the memorial cup the team they build had their top players leaving the year before Camp/Millar brought the cup to the city of Guelph in 2002, and they're setting things up the same way in Sarnia in 2008, i think the fact they've been considered the last 2 times it came to the OHL a front runner for it but it's seems pretty clear that Oshawa, Kingston and Erie are all going to give a good run at it especially considering the last Memorial Cup was in the West.

Last edited by Default101: 01-04-2006 at 12:49 PM.