View Single Post
Old
01-26-2012, 06:12 AM
NYI78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
When I recently saw two BPort games in person, it was clear to me that de Haan was the better player. He has better on-ice intelligence and was leading the charge for the entire defensive unit. He did things in all three zones that Donovan was not doing. In fact, de Haan was THE best Dman on the ice, including Reese (who wasn't bad).

What really stook out was how well he sidestepped checks and pokechecked and carried the puck and never made a poor passing decision. He ran the PP too.

Now, I love Donovan and his upside (it's been me who's been saying that this guy is a CLONE of Christian Erhoff at the same age), but his decision-making left much to be desired in the two games I saw. He also made some infuriating plays in his own zone, not always doing things that made sense - unfortunately with respect to puck control as well. He had easy clears that he unexplainably failed on as well.

de Haan is clearly ahead of Donovan in development at this point.

It matters little for the Isles right now though, since de Haan is out with yet another shoulder injury. Been about 2-3 weeks now already, eh?
I went to the game last night and Donovan had a very nice game including a great snipe from above the circle. Casey Cizikas continues to impress and had a great game last night with 2 goals and 1 assist