Thread: Tim Erixon
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2012, 09:24 AM
MSG the place to be*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yev kassem View Post
I am a lurker on the rangers message board at Hockey Future. Some of the responses in this thead were so PUZZLING to me that I actually joined to respond. The people who are saying negative things about Tim Erixon; are they watching him play on a nightly basis in the AHL???????

The reason I say this is that before I saw this thread, I read something that Adam Rotter posted on the SNYRANGERSBLOG.

<< At ESPN Insider, Corey Pronman writes that Rangers defenseman Tim Erixon is one of the best prospects playing in the AHL.

He says that Erixon’s point per game pace in the AHL doesn’t even do him justice:

Erixon is logging huge minutes and playing at a very high-end level at both ends of the rink. His puck-moving skills and overall hockey sense are true plus abilities and he looks like the kind of player who will be able to play versus the opponents’ better players and still keep the play flowing in his team’s favor.

He also considers Erixon to be one of the best defense prospects playing outside the NHL right now.

He had some trouble with the size of the rink and physical play when he was with the team this season, but the reports from Hartford are still showing tremendous upside for Erixon.>>

Corey Pronman is a PRO when it comes to analyzing hockey prospect talent. He writes for ESPN for goodness sake! So, whose opinion do I listen closer to when it comes to Tim Erixon? Corey Pronman or some poster whom probably has barely seen Tim play?
Hockey writers have journalism majors. Not fighting majors.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote