View Single Post
Old
01-26-2012, 10:02 AM
dats81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephillyflu View Post
What? I actually think Giroux is a good penalty killer. And you can't hide the fact that penalty killers that are on for 15 goals against and 5 shorthanded goals for are more valuable than penalty killers that have 11 against and 0 for.

If someone would search up the numbers on GA/GF shorthanded both total but more importantly per unit of time on ice for penalty killers like Giroux, Kovalchuk, Grabner and then compare them to players in the Blair Betts mold, and then we'll see. Because it's not at all unusual that penalty killers like Giroux is on for 1 SH goal for every 3 goals against. Something like that, maybe 15-5 for a season. It'd be interesting.

But even without the pretty decent number of shorthanded goals he usually has been involved in, I still think he's a good penalty killer. But you can't just dismiss the GF/GA total, since some guys score a lot shorthanded and are on for even more.

And while Giroux is a good penalty killer, I'd readily agree that he' bad defensively on even strength. But that's partly because of the physical play being much more important in ES than in PK for a center. And also it is because he's focused on offense in ES.

As I said, I think he's a good penalty killer even though he's not so good defensively over all.
I'm not hiding anything and I even support what you say in respect to PK in general.

So far Couturier leads the team with 2 SH.
I don't know how you back up you prediction of 5 SH for Giroux because so far he is on pace for 0 SH

Don't ge me wrong, I love what G does for this team!

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote