View Single Post
Old
01-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
would it be over the top to take away the "C" from Ladd and give it to Bogosian? i dunno i always thought a Captain is a guy who leads by example on ice and Ladd just hasn't done that this year, While he might be young i think Bogosian is most deserving of being the Captain of this team.
That would be terrible. I don't think Bogo is deserving over Ladd in any way. I don't see where Bogo is demonstrating great leadership qualities.

He's shown greatly improved play this year and a fine attitude. That's the most I can say for Bogo.

Andrew Ladd is older, more experienced, and has two Stanley Cup rings. He's currently the second-leading goal scorer on this team, and lead the team in points last year.

He's active in the community, was one of the most outspoken when it came to saying good things about the organization and the types of players we want in it. He signed here long-term for 5 years and was one of the first, if not the first, to sign, on July 5th. Zach was one of the last, not signing until Sept 14th, with rumours of a holdout almost starting.

Ladd might not be the most vocal captain, but Bogo isn't exactly a chatterbox either. Another note: Ladd has dropped the gloves for his teammates this year. Bogo has not. He does have a major and a misconduct for boarding though.

Stripping the 'C' from Ladd and give it to Bogo has no logic. To do it just to shake things up would be silly. It wouldn't go well with players or fans. And Bogo wouldn't be my pick for an 'A' over our current assistant captains either - Stuart, Thorburn, Enstrom and Buff. (all of whom are 27-28 years old).