View Single Post
Old
01-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Trying to send a message is taking the kid, slamming him against a locker and telling him to get his head out of his ass. Veterans complaining to the media is immature. Airing out their dirty laundry regardless of how apparent it already is to the public, is something you shouldn't do. It could create rifts in the dressing room, and can be taken personally rather than as a message to wake up. I know if I was screwing around and someone went to the media about it, I would be pissed and angry rather than be motivated to change (if someone had approached me personally).
Maybe they tried that already. Seriously, he's getting into fights at practice and there's all this crap flying around. We don't really know what's going on here. Obviously the vets were asked questions about it and answered the way they did. It's not like they ripped him publicly they just said 'we can't take selfish penalties.' It's not like they came out and said 'we hate PK.' I don't think it's a big deal.

Again, we're talking about a 22 year old kid. They're trying to help him not hurt him. Maybe they've tried different options and this is a new tactic. Whatever, I wouldn't worry too much about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
And calm the balls down. You guys throw around the term "cancer" too often. Gomez is a cancer. Cammy is a cancer. Kovalev is a cancer. Koivu is cancer, Carbo, Martin, Gainey, Subban, Higgins, etc. etc. etc. are all people who've been called cancers here, and it's really disgusting.

Also, the whole Subban hate is ridiculous. Look at Myers, Bogosian and especially Doughty. Sophomore slumps aren't unheard of, and Subban's game is run and gun and being a rogue, flashy guy. That's what he does. Because he has bumps early on means he's learning. He plays a tough game, and he's only going to get better. Do you guys really think he's lost it? I know he'd be better on Washington, or in a more offensive team, but for the sake and love of this franchise, I pray that the same idiots who post here who want him gone don't share the mindset of the management.
I don't think there are too many (apart from Young Gun) who have hate for Subban. Bottom line is he's one of our biggest prospects and is flashy and brash. The media are looking for things to report and a fight at practice is a story for them. Any kind of dispute on the bench just fuels it and then we get the benching...

Funny thing is though, every analyst out there that I've seen have said that they'd love to have this guy so, it's just a maturity issue. PK has some growing to do but he'll be fine.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote