View Single Post
Old
01-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I'd be all for it if they decide they need to tear-down and retool -- which is still my personal preference. Playing a guy like Adam 4 minutes a night isn't good for his long-term development even if right now it's better for the team to keep the rookie away from making a mess. The build direction would either have him sent down or getting some serious OJT. They're going to have to live with those mistakes if the OJT is in Buffalo and that's going to cost them goals (and games) at times.

They need to finally try to maximize returns on pending UFA's, something Regier has shown no ability/willingness to do most years.
Take the roster hit, load up the system. They need bluechippers at multiple positions, the more picks the more ammo to trade up on draft day. Letting any of the UFA's walk -- other than Brochen who likely has no trade value right now due to his latest concussion -- is not good asset management. They need to improve their asset pool.

Since they haven't shown an ability to adapt to unfettered funding and support from ownership, I don't know if a direction from above to retrench/build/tool for the future would get through any better than what they had this season.
OJT : Took me almost a minute to put that one together

to his credit, he did sell Campbell while they were in the thick of a playoff push

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote