View Single Post
Old
11-08-2003, 06:38 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Like a broken record, it was a very entertaining game.

A few thoughts. Koivu, man what can you say about this guy. It doesn't look like he missed a step. The fiestiness is there, and he is creating. I really don't mind that line unlike some. Even Audette looked like he had some jump.

Theodore was good when he had to be. The fact is he hasn't had much work the last two games, I would definitely go with him again. Anyone else notice he is leaving the net more to play the puck?

Ribeiro was OK. Nothing special. I thought Ryder and Hossa carried him. Both of them are continuing to improve.

Brisebois wasn't good, but not bad either. Still is plagued by bad giveaways, something that is never going to change sadly.

Rivet - people are hard on him, sometimes warrranted, usually not. He did struggle handling the puck tonight, but I thought played pretty physical. He got a lot of boos do to the powerplay, but frankly it is not his fault he is on it (blame Julien for that). Also he got a major boo when he couldn't keep the puck in, when in fact it was a bad pass by Koivu. (Man you gotta love the druken boo birds) The fight, well obviously, the frustration hit a boiling point.

Langdon - i love this guy. I watched him all last year, because I live near Vancouver. He is very smart player. Peters tried to get him in a fight in the second, but Langdon knew that Peters was trying to kick start his team, and Langdon didn't fall for it. It is also nice to see the fourth line being able to be used against other top two lines because they are good defensively.

The very bad was the powerplay. The Koivu line was the only one that could sustain pressure. Ribeiro was horrendous on the powerplay, something that he should thrive on. He was WAY TOO SLOW moving the puck.

Anyways, just my random thoughts.