View Single Post
Old
01-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Yeah I'm on board with Carter too. He has scored 40 goals and both he and Richards made it to a Cup final before. Until proven otherwise, the Kings are going to have to build their team through the draft and by trading. That is what San Jose has done and that is what Anaheim did when they won the Cup. Getting players to come out to California is nearly impossible unless we have the brother of on of the top UFA's on the roster already. Sign Zach Parise's brother.. or sister.. ****.. sign his dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Yes his cap hit is reasonable but for how long? With luck, five-six years?

Ten years is a long, long time. Not saying I'm totally against it but you have to recognize it for what it is, and it's a contract that's good right now but likely brutal in a couple of years.
I don't really care about 5 years down the line. I care about it now. Worry about it when we get there. That is what every other team in the league does. So much can change between then and now anyway with the CBA and what not. Worst case scenario the Kings could shove him in the minors. For the past 5 years we have all been patiently waiting for that player to come along and all of a sudden we are worried about 5 more years. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. THere are no guarantees in life but DL is going to have to pony up at some point or the team is going to be continually playing for the 5-8 spots in the standings until by some miracle a UFA signs here or they draft and develop a player like that. BTW.. they'll be paying through the nose for said UFA anyway.