View Single Post
Old
01-26-2012, 02:15 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
You wouldn't have any issues Being traded from Philly (which you signed a distcount to stay) to the worst team in the league?

I would be f^&^* Livid. I would be Mad as hell.

Would you have givin Gaborik the Money and years ? He has more issues than Carter. Also would have cost more, I would have still givin GAbo his money.
Do you think the only reason Columbus is trading him is because he's mad about being in Columbus? If you do then fair enough, but personally I think there's got to be more to it. People get over being mad, people settle in and find their place eventually. I just can't believe a team in the position of Columbus can afford to trade a player like Carter, whom they paid a premium for very recently, a few months after being acquired just because he's unhappy. There has got to be something there that made them second guess themselves having this guy around for another ten years.

As for Gaborik, at the time I thought it was a good decision considering the risk. He was coming off an injury that kept him out for almost a full season. Hard to commit that kind of money when you don't quite know what you're gonna get. Now in retrospect he recovered just fine, but I'm getting sick of all the posters with all the answers now after the fact. Noone was talking about Lombardi missing out on Gaborik last year when he was having a bad season. Now that he's doing good, suddenly Lombardi is an idiot.