View Single Post
Old
01-26-2012, 01:27 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

vCash: 500
On Tues afternoon I was working on my house, listening to XM radio. Usually when I eat lunch I turn it to NHL Radio to hear some talking (need a break from the rock (Going to see Tool tonight btw)). This day I was lucky enough to catch GR on as a guest for about 10 minutes.

Basically he said:

- Kuli is out 2 months. It happened @ the Winnipeg game @ the end of the 2nd. He stayed in the game and played 8 shift in the 3rd, and a couple more in OT. Soreness after the game, X-rays showed he needed surgery.

- Because of this will be looking at a depth Dman. He said secondary scoring is an issue, but with so many players coming back from injury up front, might wait and see what we really have before a trade is made. The team is not willing to sell the farm right now for a quick fix, but maybe a minor trade for a Dman might be done (which I see today, trade for Sullivan, be the fix). The team believes it's goaltending is good, so no interest there.

- Versteeg was getting a message from Dineen the other night with his benching against the Penguins. He was sat for the period. A message was sent to Versteeg that for once in his career he is a true 1st line guy in the league, not a secondary scorer. He has to go out and lead his team offensively.

Also believes the teams 11OTL/SOL are not a problem. He said at the start of the year it wasn't the old Panthers, as they were coming back from being down in games (ie. New Jersey game.) Mentioned that the Avalanche game was more of a flukier one this season. Panthers were up by 2 goals in the third and had numerous chances to make it 4-1. Got some unlucky bounces and the game went to OT; Av's winning on a goal Thedore would of had most nights. He said the team wasn't worried about these recent OTL/SOL. They feel like they are in more games than they are out of.

Nice to hear him on the radio. I don't hear him as much as I like to. Only other thing I can think of is he mentioned the Dolphins are looking at trading for an elite QB this off-season, whether it was Luck or #18. I wasn't really listening because it was Dolphin talk! (But that's for another thread...)

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote