View Single Post
Old
01-26-2012, 02:53 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Um, did some of you not see my post earlier. Carter was a healthy scratch once this year. They can't wait to get rid of him.
Um, you still haven't shown which game he was a healthy scratch from. Currently, you are the only person saying he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Bryzgalov's nine year contract carries a cap hit of $5.67M per year. He signed it as a UFA and was considered one of the best goalies in the league. Now we see that he's not living up to that contract and he's struggling mightily to live up to expectations. Nashville is in a more unique situation since they are not big spenders and they have most of their money invested in their starting goalie and their top two defensemen.

The Kings are different from a club like Nashville, and I don't see them spending up to $7M to re-sign Quick nor do I expect to see Quick get that much. I think a long term, front loaded contract would lockup Quick and keep him happy for the rest of his career.

Quick will be 27 when he's eligible to become a UFA and the Kings can start negotiating an extension come this summer.
It will be interesting to watch for sure Ziggy and a lot can change between now and then.

I figure salaries will rise a bit, and that will drive up the price on Quick a tad as well. Bryzgalov is an interesting comparision, but even he wasn't a true UFA in the sense he could sign wherever. Had he held out a few more days until July 1st he could have, but he took Philly's offer.

The last legit UFA goalie was Christobal Huet, and he got a cap hit almost the same as what Bryzgalov's is, despite being a less proven netminder. If Quick wins a major trophy, or LA goes on a bit of a run this post-season and/r next year, I doubt Quick won't exceed Huet money by a fair bit.

There is a wide range of options where Quick could fall, anywhere from $5 million to over $7 million. I'm waging currently on $6.3 million to $6.5 million based on what's going on now. That could change as more salaries are negotiated though.