View Single Post
Old
01-04-2006, 07:20 PM
bland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Exactly. Manchester is soft as hell and it would be nice to call up a gritty guy who can stir stuff up with Cowan and Parros out and Flinn maybe out for awhile.

Look at Philly, they have guys like Gratton and Eager getting called up and throwing the body around and stepping in and helping out Brashear. We have a bunch of 5'10 skill guys from Manchester stepping in for tough guys like Parros and Cowan.
And winning key games versus division rivals, dammit! Just admit it, you like fighting more than the game of hockey. It's so freaking obvious.

I've been a boxing fan for going on 15 years, and I have thousands of hours of fights on tape, which I watch pretty regularly. I'm no softy. However, this "tough guy" stuff left the game right around the time Jay Miller cashed his last check.

There is plenty of toughness in this line-up, whether they drop the gloves or not. I'll take Matt Ryan throwing his weight around for four minutes a night before watching Ken Belanger trying to play catch up. I'd rather see Jeff Giuliano diving nose-first into a pile of guys who weigh three times more than he ever will than I would Kip Brennan pumping his fists once every couple of games.

We have two players who can play the game in Parros and Cowan. Both guys are out for the time being, but will be back pretty soon. You saw what happened to Flinn when he was called up - he got KTFO on his feet and then split his head open while doing the only thing he is capable of on the ice. It's a fools errand to think Flinn ever has anything to do with the outcome of a game. Now Tom Kostopolous, he is a guy who makes a difference. But because he pulls a Bucky against Morrow, somehow he's not tough enough to matter to his teammates?

Please, it's getting ridiculously old.