View Single Post
Old
11-08-2003, 07:22 PM
windowlicker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
Taylor's probably pushing for more coming back, Lowe wants more from LA. It'll break down eventually. Lowe definetely will want more after the media put in that Anaheim is offering Lupul, a better prospect, and a pick.

I don't know why Lowe is looking to get players like Frolov, Lupul, and such. They've never won in any trades, so why now, with a holdout nonetheless? Why wouldn't he go for a guy, with loads of potential, but is just waiting to break out? Hamrlik for Brewer was supposed to be a mistake on the Edmonton organization's part, but it benefitted them. Guerin for Carter wasn't supposed to make them look good for getting a nearly equal guy who'll get paid nearly $7 million less. So why not go for Vitali Vishnevski, a dman with loads of potential. Why not Maxim Kuznetsov, a guy with lots of potential as well? Why not Patrick Stefan? Why not those types of guys? It's benefitted you before, and it still might now.

I think Mike Comrie will go to one of these five places:

Anaheim: The potential-filled prospects and salary structure to grab this guy.

Atlanta: They desperatly need someone else than Ilya Kovalchuk to score while Heatley's gone, so Kovalchuk doesn't burn out later on. Besides, Kovalchuk-Comrie-Heatley is a fan's dream of a first line of now and the future.

Los Angeles: Deadmarsh and Allison's health status is in the air. Stumpel can be used as a #1 center, but is better off on line two.

Montreal: Koivu's back, but they need all the offense they can get. Koivu going wing and Comrie being #1 center will help.

Vancouver: A new name, but all the depth they can get helps.

And here's what I think what will come from these five teams.

Anaheim: Vitali Vishnevski, Alexei Smirnov and a pick(2nd rounder).

Atlanta: Patrick Stefan, Garnet Exelby, and a pick(3rd-4th-5th)

Los Angeles: Jeff Tambellini, Maxim Kuznetsov, and a pick(2nd-3rd-4th)

Montreal: Yannick Perrault(maybe a tad bit of salary compensation), and a pick(3rd-4th)

as a fairly knowledgeable hockey observer (and an Oilers fan) i would be dissapointed with each of those trades. (and no, i dont over-estimate Comries value, i just think Lowe will be able to get a better-than-average return)