01-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Remember:

Adding Richards @ 7 million means subtracting not only Leino but another piece as well.

Either way, its a moot point. He wanted to play in NYC. He went and toured NYC with Avery before July 1. He wasn't coming to Buffalo.
Yep. That's the unfortunate truth. He wasn't coming to Buffalo and he wasn't going to Los Angeles, Calgary, or Toronto either. He knew he was going to New York since before he even hit the market and kindly listened to offers from the other teams as a good gesture IMO. However, he knew where he wanted to be and presumably took less to go there.

Would we be a better team with a true #1 center, yes probably. But would this season be so much different? I doubt it. Injuries and under-achievement have plagued us and the coaching has even been questionable, not to mention the goaltending and defense have been atrocious at times. Richards or not, we'd still have problems. Brad Richards is one of my favorite players but I'll admit he wouldn't come close to fixing everything. It's not practical nor possible.

To be fair to the Rangers, they've made the playoffs five out of the last six seasons since the lockout. We've made them only four. They've not had success in the playoffs but they've been nowhere near "garbage" the last six years. They've been a consistently good regular season team every year except for one.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote