Thread: Hal Gill
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2012, 08:08 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
This much is obvious to me:

He is a very underrated player by many. Yes he's slow but he has bailed us out of soooooo many situations including 5 on 5. I don't particularly remember him losing coverage or forgetting to box someone out. In some cases, getting out muscled fine, but it's not that often and not like the other don't either. It's so frustrating to watch him skate, but he gets the job done and make no mistake, the guy is a hugggge part of the dressing room.

Secondly, he's a part of the team I see departing unless he can be signed to a very inexpensive contract. The problem is that he is definitely going to want years on his next contract and just like with Hammrlik (which was the right decision), 2 years is too much, let alone more. We have D coming in, but we still need Hal for at least another season. If he goes, we will see a lot of empty space that he used to fill. Our PK will suffer greatly. We talk about Markov on the PP. Say goodbye to number one PK.

anyway, the truth is that we're going to move him before the deadline to get something for him unless PG thinks he can sign him for something reasonable. I would try the latter option first, but like I said, he's going to want more than a year. Contenders can use this guy and they'll be knocking on the door. Obviously pitt was already mentioned and LA is looking like a possibility re: the Scuderi factor.

I'll be sad to see him go, hopefully we find a way to replace him.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote