View Single Post
Old
11-08-2003, 08:19 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick
Was I ever saying anything about north americans? I just said that most of the scouts said that Ovechkin is better than Kovalchuk, who is going to score 60 goals this season, only at 20.... (13 goals/14 games)

You said "but dubbing Ovechkin a 60-70 goalscorer is ridiculous. Hell he may not even go number one overall"

Same as saying to the best student you won't get 90% at your exam, you might never get to school, a car could hit you!

As far as I Know, Ovechkin would have been drafted 1st no mather what in 2003... He's a russian version of Crosby...

that's it.

Actually you did insinuate an anti Euro bias by this simple comment- ".Ahhhhhhh sorry he's not a good canadian kid....."

I will simplify it for you, although I don't think I could make it much clearer than my original post.

Dubbing an 18 years, a guy who hasn't been drafted yet, a guy who hasn't stepped on NHL ice yet, a 60-70 goal scorer imo is ridiculous. So much could happen in the next week, month, year whatever. You act like it is a guarentee, slam dunk, he will score 60-70 goals.

I am not saying he couldn't score 60-70 goals, but to act like it is a given, like you do, is ridiculous.