View Single Post
Old
11-08-2003, 08:36 PM
windowlicker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanos
Obviously I was exagerrating, perhaps that was over your head? No big surprise there. But many Oilers fans have speculated Coburn, Stefan and Hurme as a return for Comrie -- which is downright rediculous. Of course that's not what all Oilers fans think collectively, and if you interpreted my post that way then you are the idiot. But that doesn't change the fact that most Oilers fans are expecting more in return than they're going to get, much more. Lupul and change is far closer to reality than even Handzus and change -- if that gives you any clue.

I wasn't speaking on their behalf, nor would I even bother...where did you get that from? You must be some kind of genius. I was suggesting that what Oilers fans think is chock full of deluded homerisms. Coburn for Comrie? Good luck!

Nobody wants a cancer, nobody wants a spoiled brat, nobody wants a consistent contract hold-out, and they sure as hell don't want an unsigned one who is all of the above.
More than a few Oilers fan knew exactly what type of personality Mike Comrie was last season (and has been most of his pro hockey life). Not exactly the most humble and nice guy you could run into.
But the truth is skill he does have.

In short, if Braydon Coburn is not available from Atlanta (like people are suggesting), fine, good luck to him in Atlanta. But at that point Atlanta is not getting Comrie. Simple as that