View Single Post
Old
01-27-2012, 02:52 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
You can honestly argue that it's just a one-way street, that Henrik himself has not benefited from a teamwide solid defensive performance in front of him?
Yes, I can. Just opposite is true. Due to stellar Lundqvist performance this season the team gains a necessary confidence that allows it to score and win. Same frustrates the opponents and leads them to loses. Sure it is important to to play 5 skater defence, block shots, etc. But I would buy this only should team defence get better by a mile compared to previous seasons. You give this year Lundqvist to whoever, to Campbell or Trotier and we will would look awful good.
What I can credit to Torts is his demand for athletic conditioning, work ethic and passion in everyday affairs. But that is what many coaches used to do. Lundqvist is the reason. Same as Richter was in 1993/4 or Lundqvist in 2005/6. Don't get me wrong, I know who and what J.Jagr was, but we are on top with Richards minimal contribution, terrible PP, and so-so Gaborik. Both Richards and Gaborik are playing for 4.5-5.0 million a year making much more, while Lundqvist is worth 10 and over.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote