View Single Post
Old
01-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephillyflu View Post
Year this age that. Does that mean, that since Couturier is obviously a year younger than Schenn, but a lot better both offensively and defensively than him in the NHL right now, that he will become a lot better offensively in the end? Because by your logic that's almost certain.

I was just talking about when Schenn showed crystal clear #1 center potential at a reasonable, but yet, minor level. I can give another example: this year in the AHL.
Couturier hasn't showed that, but well except the WJC he hasn't had a chance really. We'll see. I can see him becoming a 30 goal scorer, for sure, but I don't agree he has that playing sense that almost always define top offensive players. Not necessarily playmaking sense though. He might come to show it, but i don't think so. I'm not blind to the fact that he's 19 and he's great for his age, but that's not really because of his scoring touch, not in my eyes. It's because he's huge, responsible defensively, has a good shot and stuff like that.
You refer to Schenn's abilities in Jr. and the AHL, but Couturier led the Q in scoring at age 16, something unheard of since a kid named Crosby. Doesn't that count?

It's also not really fair, or possible, to compare Couturier and Schenn this year because Schenn's been hurt for most of it. Now that he's back in the lineup, he's really starting to show his value. And he's doing it by playing hard, hitting, playing a two way game, etc. His offense will come too.

Last edited by Larry44: 01-27-2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Excessive snarkiness
Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote