View Single Post
Old
01-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Hab-a-maniac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
if timmins stayed ok- if he didnt ok- i dont see the big deal about it
Well it's not a big deal if you can find a suitable replacement. I don't think those who call him one of the best- pointing to our multiple draftees to make it- are accurate but those who bash him and say he's made far too many blunders are also not accurate. True he hasn't developed any superstars but many guys he helped select only ended up excelling AFTER we traded them which leads me to be a lot more pissed at our shoddy management and pro scouting than at our amateur scouting and Timmins.

He makes for an easy target especially for the French media but they rarely point to his real mistakes and instead harp on ones that caused us to miss out on Bergeron, Giroux, Perron, etc. (and yet where were these complaints at the time of the drafts? No one except true experts might've grumbled in 2003 when we took Urquhart over Bergeron). I for one am convinced that Giroux, Richards, Carter and anyone else Timmins passed on would be far from dominant had they played for us. Just seems to be the way things go for the Habs in recent years. Potential is never fully met for a player until they escape the madness of Habland.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote