View Single Post
Old
11-08-2003, 11:01 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Now if we could only find a second line centre. (ducks, runs for cover as the on suit of Ribeiro worshippers picks up the chase)
I think Montreal's depth down the middle is finally looking to be a strength now.

Koivu-Higgins-Plekanec-Begin looks strong to me.

Hossa could be interchangeable with Plekanec since both are versatile enough to play C or LW.

I'm mostly concerned about first line calibre prospects. I'm not sold on Perezhogin, and have yet to see Kastitsyn play.

Watching the Sedin twins tonight (and their progression over the years) might be similar to how we see Hossa develop. Both have developed their footspeed, and over the past few years have mostly been strong along the boards and good down low, but lacked the ability to score off the rush. This seems to be Hossa's problem right now. He's good along the boards, respectable defensively, and can go to the net; he has the fundamentals down fairly well, but doesn't create off the rush.

This season, the Sedins are looking fantastic--both off the rush and off the sideboards. It took time for their games to progress to what I think will be their breakout seasons, and I'm thinking Hossa could develop along a similar path.

I know you're from BC and get to catch some Canuck games Nash13, do you think this is a fair comparison and analysis of the Sedins' development?