View Single Post
Old
01-28-2012, 03:51 AM
Shellz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I don't necessarily disagree with your sentiment, but I would place it in the balanced optimism category over the logical. We can trace back and find the same exact statements for many young defenseman drafted of the past couple of decades. The Ray Bourque comparisons aside, I think the solace many Kings fans can take, at least, is in the fact that Doughty's play has been much improved recently and appears to be taking the mold of his former Norris nominated efforts of the past.

The #1 contributor to the lack of individual points, production, and team offense is primarily our lack of an efficient powerplay. As soon as we resolve our struggles on the man advantage, however it may occur, we will obviously see those numbers rebound back to their respectable selves. Most of Doughty's points, and 30 goals seasons of the past scored by our forwards, were generated by the powerplay, and now that it is worthless to us, our stats have taken a nosedive.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I actually agree. It's more that people lump him in overrated and overpaid category now. That's where it becomes unbearable to read.

"Doughty just wants the money"
"Doughty is overweight"
"Doughty is ths next phaneuf"

And it's more so on other boards then this one. It's idiotic statements like that make me shake my head.

He is obviously not performing as well but, it's not because those above reasons. If Doughty is doing anything it's that he's trying to hard.

He is going to have his ups and downs. I hope everybody knows that. We aren't going to see what he's really made of until his last 20's, imo.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote