View Single Post
Old
01-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
How many positions are we seriously looking at filling via FA anyways? Most of the team is already set and we will have a few rookies fighting for the available bottom line spots. Other than maybe one top6 winger our whole top 3 lines are set and our defense is entirely set.

Gionta and Gomez are the biggest question marks. If Gomez is bought out he can be easily replaced from the farm but if Gionta is moved we will really need a top 6 winger. I don't think it is that big of a deal. UFA's care more about joining a winning team than anything else, if we start competing than everything else will be forgotten.
This team has 1 true top 6 center, and 2 true top 4 defencemen.

I would hope that our first rounder this year would fill the centre spot, because realistically, there is nothing on the farm that fills that spot (i realize it will take a couple years for them to develop).

On Defence we hope that Markov will be healthy and that will fill one of the top 4 D spots.

So we need to sign a defenceman.... someone who is big, and mean, and can play against teams who cycle in our zone endlessly.... would be ideal.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote