Thread: Confirmed with Link: The official RIP 2013 All-Star Game Thread
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Dirtydownshift

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJfan4evr View Post
I can tell you I'm not going to happy. I'm a year 1 10-4-1 psl holder who is screwed when it comes to playoffs and events like the ASG. I've already had the conversation with the Jackets marketing folks who told me that if/when the Jackets host an ASG I won't get lower bowl seats. Just another example of the Jackets disrespecting long term supporters.
In the PSL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, it specifically states:

"Licensee has the exclusive right and obligation to purchase the season tickets for the Licensed seat(s) for all home games of the Franchise, subject to compliance with the applicable deadlines and other procedures established by the Franchise from time to time. Home games include any and all pre-season, regular season and post-season (includes Stanley Cup) games of the Franchise played at Nationwide Arena, but do not include any all-star hockey games, collegiate hockey games or any other non-hockey related events that may be held at Nationwide Arena."

The NHL runs the All-star game, not the Blue Jackets, so this is one issue that people shouldn't be upset at the CBJ over. The NHL gets to determine what seats they want for their VIPs (promotions, sponsors, executives, players family, etc.). They then tell the CBJ what's left for their use.

I won tickets to 2004 NHL All-Star game and skill competition in Minnesota. I felt slightly guilty to be able to attend both events after learning that the Wild season ticket holders were only permitted to attend one of the events. Based on the reduced number of season ticket holders, I imagine CBJ will be able to accommodate all full-season holders and most partial season ticket holders with event tickets. They just may not be in their normal seats.

Some of the real fun was the side events anyway. The NHL has their "NHL Fest" with trophies, games, vendors, player autograph sessions, etc. that everyone can attend. St. Paul created an "Ice Palace" which was awesome and featured a concert from Bare Naked Ladies after the game. They also had the Mall of America as a nice side attraction. I guess my concern with Columbus is what the city can come up with as side attractions to offer the out of town visitors a memorable visit.

Dirtydownshift is offline   Reply With Quote