Will The Circus Scare Off UFAs
View Single Post
01-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Join Date: Jan 2005
They've signed a bunch of free agents in the past few years, despite the circus. For anyone who thinks all this crap off the ice is new, please refer to:
- Booing of Brisebois
- "Darkest Day in History" with imminent arrests and widespread drug use
- Local mafia tie-ins for the Kostitsyns and Hamrlik
- Mike Keane Doesn't Speak French scandal
- Saku Koivu Doesn't Speak French scandal
- Carbo flipping the bird on the golf course
None of this crap prevented Gionta, Cammalleri, Hamrlik, Spacek, Gill, Cole and several others from signing on in the past few years. If there's money on the table and/or free agents think Montreal has a chance to do something, people will sign here.
What Montreal lacks in anonymity, it makes up for in atmosphere. Things only seem to be a circus when the team is losing. Help the team win something and you're a God. That alone makes some people want to play in the mecca of Montreal. Scaredycats not wanted anyway.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by CGG