All-Star Game/Skills Competition/Draft Talk
View Single Post
01-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Cally's Chicken Parm
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Originally Posted by
That's the old format. Apparently they changed it for this year:
Of course they had to make it more confusing...
* Five players from each team compete (one Rookie, four All-Star skaters).
* Order of skaters -- Backwards, Goalies, Rookies, two All-Stars
* Six points available
* Winner of each heat scores one point
* One point awarded to overall winner
Procedure / Rules
* The contest consists of five races, (two players skating at one time) plus one final match race featuring the fastest skater from each team.
* One skater from each team is positioned side by side on the start line, both skaters race towards the same end zone, both turn outward, skate to the opposite end zone, turn back and skate past centre ice to the finish line.
* The winner of each match is the skater with the fastest time as recorded by the timing devices.
* In case of a clock malfunction, the official time will be recorded by the referee's stop watch.
* The player from each team with the fastest time will meet in the final match to determine the NHL's Fastest Skater.
PS: Just realized I've eclipsed 5,000 posts! I guess I can call myself a veteran now
View Public Profile
Clowes Line's albums
Visit Clowes Line's homepage!
Find More Posts by Clowes Line