Thread: Confirmed with Link: The official RIP 2013 All-Star Game Thread
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Bobcat110

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Canada, and hockey, are a whole different animal. For example, if I wanted to make the trek up to catch a Canucks game - say, against the Blue Jackets, I would have to expect to fork over, at minimum, $150 bucks for a pair of seats. And in all likelihood, those seats are going to require tissues for any possible nose bleeds. That's for a generally meaningless, likely mid-week game. Imagine what a game vs. Chicago or Detroit can fetch up there.

I'd expect the ASG tickets to come in at about half the price in Columbus, as they would in Ottawa.
I don't see them being that far off. First, the face value to buy upper bowl seats for both events to this year's AS weekend are $200/each. Based on your estimate, then the resale value would be only $125-$150/each, or 25-35% below Face. Not sure I agree with you there. I think the CBJ Season ticketholders will buy and use their allotment versus selling at a loss. Buyers will need to entice the PSL holders if they want to attend.

The lower bowl's are $260/each for the weekend this year. Due to less supply as the NHL takes premium seats, the others will sell at a reasonable mark up. I don't think unreasonable they get about 75-100% + over face.

It's not like Columbus is isolated either. It's a pretty easy drive from Pittsburgh, Detroit and even some areas of Ontario Canada.

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote